Welcome Elkshape Family! Start by watching the short video below:
Elkshape Camp Resource Guide 2022
How I Can Help You
Free coaching tips:
- I have thousands of tips for fitness, mindset, and nutrition on my YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
- PDF: 28 Free At-Home Workouts (minimal equipment)
- PDF: 20 Free At-Home PARTNER Workouts (minimal equipment)
- Have questions for me or just want to connect? DM me on Instagram or Facebook Messenger. Make sure you mention "Elkshape"!
- If you're ever passing through Denver, Colorado - you're invited to come workout with me for free at WODprep Headquarters. 🙂
- See the "discount codes" section below to get 50% off my online courses
- Feel like you need some 1-on-1 accountability? Do you want a WODprep coach to personally work with you to help you meet your fitness goals? (Yes, even if it's "help me get fit enough to pack out a 380+ bull!")
You might be a good fit for 1-on-1 WODprep Coaching. It's not cheap, and it's not for everyone - but it is the fastest way we can help you reach your goals!
Click here to learn more about 1-on-1 Fitness Coaching. (NOTE: No experience necessary. We work with all levels of fitness!)
Also, we offer 1-on-1 Injury Rehab & Prevention Coaching that can help you get 100% injury free for the season!
As a friend of Elkshape, I'm giving all Elkshape camp attendees 50% off. Click here to get 50% off of any online course that I sell. (NOTE: I highly recommend the No Nonsense Nutrition course after going through the nutrition discussion at camp!)
FREE NUTRITION RESOURCES
Read, Watch, & LISTEN
Ben's favorite lifestyle/mindset resources:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- The Gap and The Gain by Dan Sullivan
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday
- Not A Life Coach by James Smith
- "Hell Yes or No" by Derek Sivers (article)
- "How to Get Motivated and Take Action" by Mark Manson (article)
Ben's favorite fitness/health resources:
One Last thing...
REMEMBER: The BEST kind of fitness and diet for you is the one that you’ll actually stick with. Struggling to stick with it? Start by trying to create a new habit around healthy habits (see Atomic Habits). If it’s not working, then switch it up, try something new, and find something that you enjoy.
While NOTHING can replace strength training and lifting heavy, “fun” hobbies like the ones below can serve as good cardio development to help build your “engine”. ("engine" = holding medium heart rate for extended periods of time 1hr+, similar to the long rucks and pack-outs we encounter while Elk hunting)
Simple ideas for “fun” engine-building fitness:
- Mountain biking/ Road biking
- Backcountry snowboarding/ Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Hockey/Basketball/Flag Football/Swimming/Running
- ANYTHING that you enjoy that gets you moving with an elevated heart rate for 1+ hour!