Clean and Jerk; 5×2 @80-85%
17 minute AMRAP
17 Power Cleans @50% of 1RM
17 Bar Facing Burpees
WODprep Strategy Top Tips:
Clean and Jerk (5 sets of 2 reps):
- Set 1: Warm-up set at 50-60% of your 1RM
- Set 2: 80% of 1RM
- Set 3: 80% of 1RM
- Set 4: 85% of 1RM
- Set 5: 85% of 1RM
- 17 Power Cleans at 50% of your 1RM Clean and Jerk
- 17 Bar Facing Burpees
- Choose a steady pace that you can maintain for the duration of the AMRAP.
- Break up the Power Cleans into manageable sets to prevent burnout. For example, you might start with sets of 5 or 6 reps, followed by short rests.
- Focus on efficient barbell cycling during the Power Cleans. Minimize the time the bar spends on the ground and use a hook grip if possible.
- During the bar facing burpees, maintain a consistent rhythm. Jump or step over the bar, and ensure you’re standing tall with hips fully extended at the top of each rep.
- Be mindful of your breathing throughout the workout. Take deep breaths during rest periods and controlled breaths during the movements.
- Keep track of your rounds and repetitions to measure your progress.
Box jumps maybe simple, but with practice, you can crush workouts with a few extra tips:
Want to learn more?
THE BEST burpee course, at the most affordable price: https://wodprep.thrivecart.com/burpee-blueprint-19/
Want an in depth look at the 5 Daily Habits that I swear by? If you’re a CrossFit athlete, you’ll want to know how these can level up your performance. Get your free guide on my homepage: https://wodprep.com/habits-crossfit-athlete/
TAG: a buddy
SHARE: with a friend
COMMENT: below and let us know your score!