50 Empty Bar Thrusters
30 Pull Ups
WODprep Strategy Top Tips:
The rowing portion of Jackie is your opportunity to set the pace for the workout. Since it’s a relatively long row, you’ll want to find a sustainable pace that allows you to transition into the thrusters without feeling too fatigued. Here’s a strategy for the row:
- Start with a strong and powerful pull to get the flywheel moving, then settle into a consistent rhythm.
- Aim to maintain a stroke rate of around 24-28 strokes per minute.
- Focus on breathing and stay relaxed to avoid burning out.
- Try to finish the 1000m row in around 3-4 minutes, depending on your fitness level.
Empty Bar Thrusters (50 reps):
After the row, it’s time for the thrusters. These are light but can become taxing, especially after the row. Here’s how to approach the thrusters:
- Break the thrusters into manageable sets from the beginning to avoid early fatigue. A good approach could be 10 sets of 5 reps, resting briefly between sets.
- Keep a tight core and use your hips and legs to drive the barbell overhead.
- Maintain a steady pace and avoid going to failure. Consistency is key.
Pull-Ups (30 reps):
The pull-ups will be challenging after the row and thrusters. Here’s how to approach the pull-ups:
- If you’re proficient in kipping, use it to conserve energy. If not, use strict pull-ups, but maintain a steady rhythm.
- Break the pull-ups into manageable sets, aiming for small, consistent sets with short rests in between.
- Focus on your breathing and avoid burning out early.
Looking to get MORE from your rowing with every stroke? Check out the video below:
Need help nailing RX workouts?
ENDLESS ENGINE: https://wodprep.com/endless-engine/
ROWING FOR CROSSFIT: FORM, TECHNIQUE, & COMMON MISTAKES: https://wodprep.com/blog/rowing-for-crossfit/
WODPREP MASTERS: https://wodprep.com/wodprep-masters/
WODPREP ACADEMY: https://wodprep.com/wodprep-academy/
TAG: a buddy
SHARE: with a friend
COMMENT: below and let us know your score!
Do you feel like your fitness journey is at a standstill?
Without expert programming, written specifically for you, it can feel like you’re working towards everyone else’s goals.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Speak to WODprep’s Head Coach Dr. CJ, and discover what CrossFit program is for you: https://wodprep.com/1-on-1-coaching/