AMRAP in 18 minutes:
7 Power Snatches (135/95 lbs)
14 Box Jump Overs (24″/20″)
21 Calorie Ski Erg
WODprep Strategy Top Tips:
Power Snatches (135/95 lbs):
- Choose an appropriate weight that you can handle with good form throughout the workout. It should be challenging but not so heavy that it slows you down significantly.
- Break up the reps strategically. Consider doing 4 sets of 2 reps or 3 sets of 3 reps if you’re comfortable with those numbers. Rest briefly between sets.
- Focus on maintaining a strong, explosive hip drive and good technique to minimize fatigue.
Box Jump Overs (24″/20″):
- Approach the box jumps with a steady rhythm. Don’t rush, but avoid taking excessive breaks.
- Use a two-footed take-off unless you have a specific reason to use a single-footed approach.
- Land softly and rebound quickly to conserve energy. If you’re feeling fatigued, step up and over the box as needed.
Calorie Ski Erg:
- The Ski Erg can be taxing, so try to find a sustainable pace from the beginning.
- Don’t over-pull the handles; focus on smooth and efficient strokes.
- Use your legs, core, and arms in coordination for each pull.
- Keep an eye on the monitor to gauge your calorie count and adjust your pace accordingly.
Feel awkward when barbell cycling? Check out our video below:
Are you new to Weightlifting for CrossFit? If so, you’ll want to check this out before going any further!
Weightlifting is an advanced skill and these tips will help you figure out the various lifts that are sure to crop up in your WODs sometime soon!
Want to get faster and more efficient in your barbell WODs?
5 Snatch Drills Every CrossFitter Should Master (free video tutorial!): https://bit.ly/37UEg5F
P.S. Looking for 1-on-1 Coaching to start feeling great in the gym?
Schedule a call with our Head Coach, Dr. CJ. *Limited spots available.
TAG: a buddy
SHARE: with a friend
COMMENT: below and let us know your score!