10 @ 65%
WODprep Strategy Top Tips:
For the Snatch Ladder workout, you’ll be lifting at different percentages of your one-rep max (1RM) snatch. Make sure you know your 1RM snatch weight before starting the workout.
Here’s a strategy to tackle each set:
10 Snatches @ 65% 1RM:
- Use a weight that is approximately 65% of your 1RM snatch.
- Aim for quick and efficient singles.
- Take short breaks between repetitions, but try to keep rest time to a minimum.
- Focus on good technique and a solid lockout overhead.
10 Snatches @ 75% 1RM:
- Increase the weight to approximately 75% of your 1RM snatch.
- Again, perform singles with short rest intervals.
- Concentrate on a powerful pull and solid catch.
8 Snatches @ 85% 1RM:
- Now, the weight should be around 85% of your 1RM snatch.
- Be prepared for a more challenging set.
- Continue with singles and maintain good form.
- Take slightly longer rest if needed but keep pushing yourself.
8 Snatches @ 90% 1RM:
- This is the heaviest set of the ladder, with approximately 90% of your 1RM snatch.
- Singles are the way to go here.
- Take short but strategic breaks to maintain your form and complete the set efficiently.
Feel awkward when barbell cycling? Check out our video below:
Are you new to Weightlifting for CrossFit? If so, you’ll want to check this out before going any further!
Weightlifting is an advanced skill and these tips will help you figure out the various lifts that are sure to crop up in your WODs sometime soon!
Want to get faster and more efficient in your barbell WODs?
5 Snatch Drills Every CrossFitter Should Master (free video tutorial!): https://bit.ly/37UEg5F
P.S. Looking for 1-on-1 Coaching to start feeling great in the gym?
Schedule a call with our Head Coach, Dr. CJ. *Limited spots available.
TAG: a buddy
SHARE: with a friend
COMMENT: below and let us know your score!